1. Kusmi green tea with roses: I bought some in NYC at their concession inside the Plaza Hotel on the way to my hair appointment at Warren Tricomi (more on that later, it was the most fabulous day). It is positively blissful. I dare you to drink this and not feel like a princess. I have just finished the last of my stash. I implore any handsome man who might be reading this blog who is secretly deeply in love with me to replenish it. He can send me chocolates too. He knows exactly which ones I adore (hint: its La Maison Du Chocolat).
2. Speaking of men, here is something that I find highly amusing: there is a guy at work who has a bit of a crush on me. He tells me I am beautiful and that I have pretty eyes. He asked me out and gave me his phone number … he is 25. I told him that aside from the fact that I could not go out with a man that I worked with, I happen to be old enough to be his teenage mommy (although a very youthful looking one LOL). Moi is not ready to be a cougar and wear tacky leopard printed jumpsuits (unless of course it is Dior, then I might consider it–the jumpsuit, that is, not the boy). He is lovely, and I am beyond flattered. Every once in a while, we all could use a bit of an ego boost, no? Alas, my heart is taken by my imaginary lover who sends me poetry and stuffs my belly with expensive chocolate. *Le sigh* Does such a man even exist?
3. Goldloxe: I am assuming Goldloxe is a “she” (I could be wrong), but I am absolutely loving her work. I managed to snap a few of her pieces while in NYC, but now that I am back home and following her on Instagram, I have fallen even deeper down the hole. What is it about her whimsical little girly that brings me so much joy? Who is this creature who walks amongst the urban jungle without a care in the world with her doe eyes and tiny pursed lips with the slightest hint of a cheeky smile? I have a feeling there is more to this one than she lets on ;). Goldloxe juxtaposes her into the most unusual of places, amidst other street art to create something that is always charming and/ or amusing.
4. This last one is an oldie but a goodie. You could say it’s my “Scooby snack.” I love these things. I have mentioned them before, but I’ll mention it again (yep, this is my blog, so I can do that sh*t, even if it is a little repetitive). Today I purchased some chocolate dipped coconut macaroons from Godiva. Forget the fancy French macaron that everyone likes to photograph and write about, this kicks its ass. Because last month was my birthday, I had a $10 gift on my Godiva rewards card. I only had to pay $2.50 for these lovelies! God obviously wanted me to have them, it was a sign (*cough* and no, I have still not gotten on the scale after my New York adventure, nor have I gone to the gym… shut up, okay?!).
5. I am very pleased to tell you that today is Totally Caroline’s one year anniversary. This is not my first blog, but it is my most personal one. I have spilled my heart out here so many times, and the feedback, love, and friendship I have received back in return has meant more to me than you could begin to imagine. Thank you so much for sharing with me in my (mis)adventures, here’s to many more my daaaahlings. I love you.