Birthdays are a good time to reflect I think. It was a year of some high highs and some low lows, but overall, I like where things are going. As I start my 41st year, I’m feeling pretty damned good. I don’t have everything I want, but I have everything I need, plus a lot of extra awesomeness that I never even thought to ask for. Here is a quick recap of my 40th year:
- I visited NYC and New Orleans.
- I met a guy I really like.
- I had some firsts: I saw an opera at the MET, I rode on a motorcycle, I danced (sort of), and I ate at a Hooters (*gasp*)!
- After about 25 years of attempting to dye my hair red, I went back to my natural color (almost black).
- I got hired, fired, and hired again.
- I learned that “happiness comes from within” is not just some cliche bullshit, it’s actually true.
- I ate like nobody was watching.
- I am slowly rediscovering my value … and I’m adding some tax for good measure!
- I’m coming to terms with the idea that I will be loosing a very dear friend– it’s like the end of an era, but I’m also gaining new ones.
- I feel better about life than I have felt in a very long time.
I want to thank all of you who read my blog for being part of my journey and always giving me kind words of support. It means the world to me. This ride wouldn’t be the same without you. I send you all birthday kisses and lots of love. This next year is going to be a great vintage. I can feel it.