It can suck when you don’t have someone around you to lavish you with the praise you deserve. There might be times in life when you have to take matters into your own hands. It’s not conceited to remind yourself how amazing you are. In fact, it’s more important for you to recognize your fabulousness than anyone else.
Just because nobody tells you, doesn’t mean you aren’t the most bad assed unicorn around. I recommend that anyone reading this try this exercize. Write down ten things about you that you love. Is it your sparkling eyes? Your masterfully pruned unibrow? I want to know. Post a blog and send me link. Not feeling like a magical muthafuka at the moment? Well that’s all the more reason to try this out.
10 things I love about me
- My capacity to love. I realize that just because I have nobody who wishes to be the recipient of it, doesn’t diminish what I have to offer. This gift will one day belong to someone who deserves and wants it. In the meantime, I am trying to focus that love on myself. It’s a challenge. I’m not used to looking inwards for love, but I know it’s what I have to do.
- My radical softness (a term coined by Lora Mathis that I simply adore): I love it that my experiences have not hardened me. I think it’s awesome that in a cruel world, softness still exists, and I am extremely proud to be part of that. I love it that I am still able to see the best in people, and that I act with kindness and a gentle spirit.
- My eye for beauty.
- My unusual intelligence. I’m not saying I’m unusually intelligent, I’m intelligent in a way that is unusual. I feel that I have a very unique sort of thought process.
- My singularity: I am not afraid of my own company. I think it makes me special and brave.
- My ability to make others feel important.
- That I am a survivor. Maybe I didn’t do it with a lot of grace, but I’m doing it, and that’s all that really matters.
- My ability to be quiet and still. The funny thing about this is it fools people into believing that I’ve mastered the art of zen, despite the fact that I am on speed dial at the Department of Fuckery — well, at least someone recognizes my unique skill set. I like to be able to project an image of peacefulness, even if it isn’t entirely accurate. Fake it till you make it, right my little dolly birds?
- That I am weird and wonderful. I always wanted to become an eccentric when I grew up. I want to wear vulgar jewelry. I want to have delicious love stories. I want to eat music and drink art. I want to be well read. I want to be the type of person that others want to speak to. I want to be interested, interesting and have amazing adventures. I want to have a mind that is joyful and fun. I think I’m on that path. The very idea makes me smile.
- That I have am cultivating a grateful heart. It is my secret to my success.
Go on now my lovelies, it is your turn. Tell me what you love about yourself.